Apparently 42% of weddings occur from July – September with 33% occurring from March to June (information courtesy of theweddingsecret.co.uk – see more statistics below).
Are you one of the lucky couples planning a wedding for next year? Do you know someone who is?
From dresses to flowers, venues to photographers, so much to plan! Where does a Bride start?
Well, we have a suggestion… Set up a website so all the Bride and Groom’s family/ friends can stay in the loop throughout the wedding stages. Distance is no longer an issue, everyone can feel part of planning the big day. The Bride and Groom have full control over the wedding site so dates, stag/hen details, photos, venue etc can be added.
And after the wedding you can share some of those memorable photos of the wedding and even the honeymoon!
Artisan Websites offers the set-up and hosting of wedding websites.
- Your own domain name: www.thejones.co.uk (.co.uk only)
- An easy to update website in the form of a blog which includes:
– regular posts to keep people informed
– calendar of events where you can send invitations to registered members
– friends can register so they are kept updated
– RSVP option
The design is based on a template – here is an example. Your own photos will be substituted for the photos of the happy couples to make it unique to you. You can choose:
- the colour scheme for the headings and the page background colours
- the page headings (up to 5 pages)
- the font style
- to show a gift registry page or not
- to show an RSVP page or not – this page can be made private. You can email your friends a link to the page with a password to prevent people who haven’t been invited from sending an RSVP.
- You keep everyone updated about the pre-wedding events: dress buying, hen party, stag do etc.
- You get to show your wedding photos to anyone in the world.
- Your own unique domain name – which remains yours for as long as you keep renewing it (once a year)
How does it work?
- Decide on the name for your site
- Send us your preferred domain name and we check if it is available
- Choose your colours and font style
- We will send you a few sample templates for you to choose one
- Send any photos you would like included along with some text for the main pages
- We set it up and provide you with instructions
- You can then start posting information, uploading photos and telling your friends
£40 per year and a one off set-up fee of £200
You may find free wedding websites out there but with our paid service there are no adverts and you can always rely on us to help if you get stuck or something goes wrong.
Make planning fun, share your experiences and ideas with family and friends, enjoy every minute and the day will turn out perfectly!
Created by The Wedding Secret